Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Farewell, Jane



Today, The Harold B. Pricklepants Society finished up Jane Eyre.  WHAT A GREAT READ!!!!   I'm so sad to see it end.

I first discovered this book at about age 10.  During one of our many moves, a box of books mistakenly landed in my room.  Like a treasure hunter unearthing a decrepit chest, I lifted the dusty lid and found a true gem:  Jane.  Since that initial meeting, I have read and re-read this book throughout many different "seasons" of life.  I never tire of the tale! 

As for filmed adaptations, I choose the Timothy Dalton version despite the "handsomeness" factor (which Rochester sorely lacks and Dalton overflows).  I can use my imagination when an "ugly" reference enters the dialog.  ;)  

The HBP Society will be taking a little break (for vacation -- HOORAY!).  In three weeks time (on 2/12) we will be reconvening to discuss The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles by Julie (Andrews) Edwards -- yes, Mary Poppins.  Rachel loves this book and enthusiastically lobbied for it!  I have a copy to tuck into my carry-on baggage.  I love to read away the time on a long flight.  

So, until then . . . Happy Reading!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment