Friday, December 14, 2012

When January Comes

Time always speeds up so much at the end of the year. And this year the holidays started even sooner than usual, with Thanksgiving coming so much earlier than normal and the fact that my family started listening to Christmas music in October! I regret that I’ve been too busy (and tired) to find time for one of my favorite pastimes: writing. Even my dear journal is neglected.  

     At the end of every year, instead of making a New Year’s resolution, my mom chooses a single word as the theme for the year. 2012 was “Celebrate”; a fun word but we’re all exhausted from entertaining, throwing parties, etc. The word for 2013 is “Cultivate." For myself, that will mean more reading, writing, hopefully finishing a novel I start, and continuing to play my harp.

     My reading and writing will most likely suffer for a few more weeks, but when January and the New Year rolls around I plan to cultivate with a vengeance.

     Until then, Merry Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment